Vendor Applications are being accepted now, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
(Re)Generation Who’s Vendor Room is located in the Maryland Ball room on the first floor of the Hunt Valley Inn. This room is locked and secured outside of Vendor Room open hours. This is the only location where general merchandise vendors may sell their items (i.e. Stores can’t buy Artist Alley Table spaces).
Friday: 3pm to 9pm
Saturday: 10am to 7pm
Sunday: 10am to 3pm
“War Games” VIP attendees gain access to the Vendors Room 30 minutes early on all three days.
Tables are $250 each for Tables in the Middle of the room and $300 each for tables along the outer wall. This includes 2 badges to attend the con per table reserved. The table is 6ft x 2.5 ft. All table setups come with 4 feet of space behind the table, or without table 6ft.6 inches front-to-back, and 6 feet side to side. You may apply for up to 3 tables. 3 table configuration can be selected as side by side, or in a corner configuration. Some areas in the vendor room will only be available as a corner with 2 tables. If you need additional table staff you will be able to purchase additional registrations when confirming your reservation.
Please review the following illustration:
(Click to view larger version)
On the above image, numbered tables are only sold in corner configuration with tables with the same numbers being matched. Tables with * can be sold as corner, or as individual tables. Any unnumbered or unstarred tables can be sold as 2 tables side by side, or as individual tables. Placement of specific registered vendors can’t be guaranteed in advance, and will be dependent on overall placement needs of Vendor room department staff based on total sales and composition of table registrations. (in other words, you can’t pick your specific location when registering, we will need to place you where things fit based on the combination of total registrations)
Q: How do I register for a table?
A: Please review the terms of service on this page below and use the application form to submit your table request. NOTE: While we recommend you apply as soon as possible due to our high demand, this is not a land-grab. We will be curating the Vendors Room so that there is a diverse mixture of artists and vendors. This will not be primarily based on who clicks the fastest.
Q: Hey, I’m new. Do I even have a chance of getting into this thing?
A: Of course! We are not screening new people out. Vendors are part of what makes this fandom so great. We want to ensure that there is a diverse range of products and that the Vendors Room is not limited to who stayed awake in front of their computer clicking the mouse.
Q: How big are the tables?
A: Each table is 6ft x 2.5 ft. It has 4 feet of space behind the table. without the table, you have 6ft 6 inches front to back, and 6 feet side to side of space. You may remove the table and set up your own configuration within this space.
Q: How much do tables cost?
A: Tables are $250 each for Tables in the Middle of the room and $300 each for tables along the outer wall. This includes 2 badges to attend the con. The table is 6ft x 2.5 ft.
Q: How many tables can I buy?
A: 3 per person/entity. If you want three tables you can choose from side by side, or corner. Some locations will only be purchasable as a corner.
Q: I’m not a commercial store, can I still register for a table in the Vendor Room?
A: Yes, though you may want to also look at the Artist Alley as well to determine the best location for you to vend.
Q: Can I sublet my table?
A: No, not without contacting us first. Sublets must be submitted to us for approval first. We reserve the right to ban anyone who is subletting without authorization. It’s in your best interest anyway – don’t you want us to advertise all of you on the website?
Q: Can I sit next to my friends?
A: We will try our best to accommodate seating requests, but this must be articulated to us when you apply for you table, or at least 1 month before the event. We cannot move tables around the day of the con.
Q: Do I need to buy a registration before applying for my Vendors Room table?
A: You do not need to register before applying for a table. We can charge you all at once if you get in. (If you want to go regardless of if you get a table, it is best to register early, though.)
The following are the Terms and Conditions for submitting for, and purchasing a table, in the Vendors Room at (Re)Generation Who.
1) We’re doing something different with the Vendors Room at (Re)Generation Who. As opposed to a “land grab” where the fastest clicker gets a table, we will be taking applications and reviewing each one to see how your presence can add to the overall experience of the con. We aren’t basing our decision solely on your “skill level”, but on what you as a presence can do to bring exciting items and services to our con attendees, so both new people and veterans are encouraged to apply.
2) On the application is a section where you tell us what you will be selling or doing at the con at your table. Honestly, this is to prevent some scammers from getting tables at the con. What we’d like is a general overview of what you will be bringing (so telling us you sell t-shirts, or you do portraits of people in their costumes, or you sell jewelry, you sell used video games, or DVDs, or other general merchandise–these are things we want to know). Also, we expect to see a link to your store site or where you advertise your wares online. We’ll be up front here–if all you do is copy other people’s artwork you won’t get a table–and if you try to snow job us and show up with a ton of knock off prints you won’t get a spot. We aren’t against fan art, but if you aren’t really doing anything special there’s a good shot you won’t get in, so don’t waste our time or yours.
3) Each table purchase gives you one (1) 6 ft table and 2 chairs, and a basic tablecloth. Due to space constraints we are unable to sell more than 3 tables per entity. each table space has 4 feet of space behind the table. Without the table, you have 6ft 6 inches front to back, and 6 feet side to side of space. You may remove the table and set up your own configuration within this space.
4) You may NOT subdivide a table without submitting information on this application for ALL members of the table in terms of sales items or services. So, in other words, you can, as a collective, buy a table, but your listing of items and services has to outline all members of the collective.
5) As part of your registration (Re)Generation Who will, if you wish, place your name (or company name) along with a clickable HTML link to your site, on the main (Re)Generation Who website as part of the listing of Vendors Room participants. You will also be listed, again if you wish, within the con book.
7) Vendors Room participants may not engage in music, speech, or other endeavors which disrupt the general peace of the location. In other words, no shouting, blasting of music, or other disruptive actions. You also may not “poach” customers from other tables by attempting to get their attention in an aggressive manner. Let’s all play fair. Breaking of this rule will get you one warning. Further disruptions will result in removal from the Vendor Room permanently with no refund given.
8) (Re)Generation Who may use audio and/or video recording devices to record the Vendors Room for promotional or commercial use. By applying to be a part of the Vendors Room you agree to allow (Re)Generation Who to use your likeness and any recorded footage/audio of your actions in the Vendors Room and the con now and in perpetuity for any promotional, commerce, archival, or educational uses.
9) You may not take or appropriate chairs or other resources of other Vendors Room participants without gaining clearance from the Vending Department. You may also not have regular attendees of (Re)Generation Who behind your table without first gaining clearance from the Vending Department.
In other words, don’t grab other things from other people’s tables, and you can’t stuff a ton of people behind your table who aren’t a part of your defined group. (this is to prevent any one group from encroaching on the space of other Vendors) We’re flexible though, so talk to the Vending Department first in all cases. Note: we can assist you with “table sitters” if you need to temporarily leave the Vendors Room for bathroom breaks / food / etc.–talk with Vending Department staff to coordinate this.
10) We are not copyright cops and take no responsibility for your items. You are responsible for any and all legal issues that arise out of your items for sale. We will follow all laws of the U.S.A. and Maryland though, so please make sure you are aware of those laws.
11) Adult items and images of a sexual nature should be displayed in a manner that minimizes their exposure to minors. Images and items should be placed in books, boxes, or under protective cover with clear labeling that announces their 18+ content. Failure to properly keep minors away from 18+ items will get you a warning, with a second offense potentially leading to your removal from the Vendors Room with no refund. In other words, let’s not be stupid and try to sell things to kids that they shouldn’t see or buy.
12) Electricity. By default you will not have access to electrical outlets. If you need one please let us know and we can contact the Hunt Valley Wyndham Grand for a price quote on setting this up. This is entirely up to them and their pricing. You would have to make a contract with them for these services (but we can assist with setting this up).
13) Illegal items. You may not sell any items that are illegal or regulated in the U.S.A and Maryland. This includes (but not limited to): Firearms, Tobacco, Alcohol, Prescription drugs, Illegal drugs, etc. Also, you can’t sell food or candy, the hotel prohibits those items from being sold.
14) Refunds: Refunds for tables will be paid back in full if we receive a cancellation request by 28 days before the con (by February 19th, 2016 @ 12AM EST). After that point no refunds for tables will be provided.
15) To take possession of your table at the con you need to bring official government issued identification. Please note that you must be 18 years or older, or have a parent or guardian in attendance to sign for you if you are under that age–this is also true for submitting your application in the first place–contract law requires adult acceptance of all of these terms and conditions.
16) All displays must be free standing and can’t encroach into attendee walk path areas or other Vendor’s space. You also can’t attach things to the walls or mess up the floors. Leave the hammer and nails at home.
17) If we missed something we may add new terms and conditions at a later time (sorta doubtful though)–but if we do you will be informed of this and can choose to retract your application for a full refund if you disagree with the revision or change.
Please fill out all parts of the form that are marked “required”. Please note you need to check the “accept terms and conditions” box AND uncheck the other box to submit the form. (the second box is an anti-spam measure). Please read carefully all of the FAQ entries and Terms and Conditions on this page–your submission is your acknowledgment that you accept them.
Vendor Applications are now closed for this year.