Applying For Press Passes To The Event
Would you like to write about (Re)Generation Who or interview the team behind it all? Please direct all inquires to Oni Hartstein at Onezumi@Onezumi.com.
For immediate release:
Maryland’s Doctor Who Convention happens this March 24-26th in Baltimore
What: Third annual (Re)Generation Who Doctor Who Convention
When: March 24-26, 2017 (exact daily times at website link below)
Where: Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace 202 E Pratt St, Baltimore, MD 21202
Who: Stars and fans of long running television show Doctor Who
Why: Doctor Who Convention for news coverage and/or events calendar listing
More info: https://regenerationwho.com/
BALTIMORE, MD – December 8, 2016: Karen Gillan, Sylvester McCoy, Ingrid Oliver, Michelle Gomez, and more to appear this March at (Re)Generation Who 3 in Baltimore
Baltimore is now home to (Re)Generation Who, one of the most popular Doctor Who conventions in the United States. Repeatedly honored by The Baltimore Sun as one of the hottest things to do in the city, (Re)Generation Who is set to break records again for the third time this March 2017. The event proudly hosts and all-new, star-studded guest list, and some of the most innovative programming ever designed this side of Gallifrey.
Karen Gillan (Amy Pond), Michelle Gomez (Missy), Ingrid Oliver (Osgood), Peter Purves (First Doctor companion Steven Taylor), Katy Manning (Third Doctor companion Jo Grant), will join Sylvester McCoy (The Seventh Doctor) and a massive guest list of actors, artists, writers, and directors.
Media interested in attending and covering the event or in a preview are welcome to contact media relations coordinator Angela Pritchett. The form to request media access is online at: https://regenerationwho.com/get-involvedpress/press/
Many celebrity guests, performers, and new cosplay events will be announced. Join us to participate in our Children’s program, autograph sessions, photo ops, deep discussion of both the new and old TV shows, books, audio dramas, viewings of both common and rare Doctor Who videos, scavenger hunts, cosplay contests, an extensive vendor’s room, artists, giveaways, and plenty of surprises TBA. A draft of this year’s programming will be announced just before the Christmas holiday.
Our entire convention team is thrilled to be working with so many great Doctor Who actors to bring this to the fans. (Re)Generation Who is a safe space where all Doctor Who fans can meet the actors, show off their costumes, and meet other people who love the show just as much as we do. Sign language interpreters are available upon request.
(Re)Generation Who is an Onezumi Events production. Helmed by Oni Hartstein, this will mark the organizations’ tenth time organizing an exciting major 3 day event.
Tickets for (Re)Generation Who can be bought at ReGenerationWho.com and may be purchased in advance online at $80 for adults and $20 for children 12 and under for the full weekend. At door cost is $90 for adults and $20 for children 12 and under.
Daily tickets will go on sale by the end of the year 2016. See the website for daily admission prices. Advanced tickets and VIP packages levels 2+ may only be purchased until Friday, March 17 at midnight. After that tickets and only VIP package Level 1 may be purchased at the door. Register in advance for the cheapest price.
Here is a print-res logo:
– Kasterborous: Convention In Review: (Re)Generation Who Rocks America!
– Paste Magazine: 12 things we learned at (Re)Generation Who
– The Baltimore Sun: Cover and center spread.
– The Baltimore Sun: For Maryland’s ‘Doctor Who’ fans, a convention to revel in a cult favorite
– The Washington Post: INTERVENTION 2013: Co-founder Oni Hartstein says Maryland convention ‘is my way of giving back’
– All Up Together interviews Oni about the social impact of the con.
– Fan to Pro interviews Oni about the professional aspects of fandom in regard to Intervention.
– Convention Fans Blog says that Intervention is a Great Marketing Opportunity
– Intervention founders Onezumi and Harknell talk about the event on on CNN.
– The Gazette writes: Intervention provides web comic artists with educational opportunities.
– Intervention founder Onezumi talks about the con and says, “I’m what you’d get if you put Salvador Dali and Beavis and Butthead in a blender with Kermit the Frog”
– Geeking Out About has posted an interview with Onezumi about the con.
– Comics Coast to Coast ep. 125 featured founders Onezumi and Harknell talking about Intervention.
– GeekDad talks about how you should Have an Intervention with Your Kids.
– Dueling Analogs writes about what a great and unique experience our event is.
– GeekMom podcast talks about Intervention!
– The Comic Dish interviews Onezumi and Harknell about Intervention
– Examiner – NJ Comic Creators build Intervention Con
– Geeking Out About: Comic Non Sans: Intervention
– Two Guys Talking Webcomics: TGT Webcomics Podcast – Episode 115
– Art & Story: Episode 145 – The Big Intervention
– Otaku USA Magazine: Friday ACE Episode 24
– Wired Magazine: name checks Interventon.
– ShrinkGeek: CEO-flavored insanity: An interview with Onezumi
– Charm City Current: Giving the Internet An INTERVENTION: A Q&A With Onezumi
– Man vs. Art: Episode 29
– Otaku Generation: Show #273
– The Power Geeks #65
– Wired Article
– Washington City Paper Interview with Onezumi about Intervention.
– Wired.com: Intervention Con: Replicating the Online Experience in a Con Click here to read the Interview.
– “Match made in geek heaven! It looks like you guys worked really hard. We appreciate it!” @thinkgeek Twitter
– “I have to say as a rookie with a brand new Webcomic…Intervention was the most intense and perfect education a newbie could EVER hope to get. The panels…incredibly informative. Lots of direct access to the pros…This event was a game changing/life changing event for me. Thank you to all of you who had any hand in this Con!! – Craig Cobalt”
– “I’ve already booked a room for every weekend in 2011 from early September to late October! OK I haven’t yet, but I SHOULD! – Pete Abrams”
– “Is it gonna be in January? I really don’t feel like waiting a whole year for the next one. -Shane McCarthy”
– “Intervention was epic, and the second one can only be better from the sounds of it. Definitely the most fun I’ve had at a con in quite a while. – Phil Gorski”
– “Thank you Oni – this is a very thoughtful and helpful follow-up! I can see why the event was a success, you are very good at what you do! Looking forward to being involved again next year – please stay in touch and keep me posted on the happenings! – Kevin Lyons-Tarr, CEO – 4Imprint.com”
– One attendee even wrote a song about us: http://www.hello-the-future.net/?p=274